High Precision Custom Rulers
Whittam High Precision Rules (Rulers), Vernier Scales, Index Rings and Machine Dials; Custom made exactly to your specifications! (especially suitable for industrial applications)
Accurately measure length, radius or circumference with Whittam high quality, high precision, engraved, metal, metric or inch, Vertical or Horizontal Rules (Rulers), X-Ray Rulers--also called Scanogram/Radiology/Radioopaque Rulers, Vernier Scales (Verniers), Index Rings, Graduated Segments, Shrink Rules & Straight Edges, Circular Divided Scales, and Machine Dials, etc...
Our Whittam calibrated engraved rulers plus other Whittam products are of exceptional quality and precision and boast of a long tradition of craftsmanship. Upon request, our rules, can be issued a Certificate of Calibration to British Bureau of Standards which correlates with US Bureau of Standards. Such certificates may be required for companies qualifying for ISO 9000. Custom made precision...
View our Past Applications Image Gallery
- Made to any scale length or dial diameter!
- Ruler/Vernier Graduations - Inch or metric (or both)!
- No minimum quantity required!
- Quick delivery--standard 6-8 weeks/ faster delivery available at a premium.
- High accuracy in any length or radius -Whittam rules (rulers & precision scales) are being manufactured with ever increased accuracy since 1860. Graduated rules can be supplied with accuracies of 1/100 mm (0.0004") over 61 cm (24"). Whittam is capable of manufacturing up to 132" long scale sections which can be joined together to any length. The high accuracy is maintained over longer distances by joining the ends ground for butting within .025 mm (.001"). Our Whittam dials or circular scales are accurate to within 18 arc seconds or .00045" on a 10" diameter. We offer circular divided scales and index rings of up to 137 cm (4’6") in diameter.
- Your choice of material, finish and color (please note, we do not offer wooden rulers)--the materials used are generally Hardened and Tempered Steel, Bright Mild Steel, Stainless Steel, Brass or Aluminum. We offer matte or polished finishes and a hard chrome plating or electrolyses nickel plating. Graduations can be left open or filled with one of the basic colors of your choice (black being the standard).
- Guaranteed greater durability in hostile environment--the engraving (etching with diamond tip tool) process used by Whittam (versus photo etching) ensures greater durability of the markings in a hostile environment and the unmistakable look of quality.
- Low prices--up to hundreds less than our competition! Specializing in custom designed measurement components gives Whittam a price advantage over the standard ruler and dial manufacturers who are not set up to handle "made to measure" orders and may charge you premiums in setup costs, etc... Our prices can be up to hundreds of dollars less than our competition--give us a try, call us with your specifications today!
- Made to your exact specification--all Whittam products--horizontal and vertical rules, circular divided scales, straight and circular vernier scales, straight edges, machine dials and index rings are made strictly to customer’s specifications with microscopic attention to detail.
When asking for a quotation, a simple sketch, like the one below, is ASK FOR A QUOTATION
always helpful. In order to be able to give you an accurate quote
we need the following information:
d) how many edges to be graduated
e) whether inch, metric or both
f) what increments are the graduations to be in